• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind, not getting sued, getting investigated. lol

US investigating Ford pickups for engine issue | Fox News

Comment

The best part of that suit:

They have a fix (therefore aware of the problem).

But they haven't put out the recall yet.

All it is is a re-flash.
      ~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, Hydra, 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, T500, FRx, COMP 910s, Fisher 8' MM2, 5" AL 1-piece Drive Shaft, Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203* TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, Leveled, Airlift Bags, 16x10" on 35s, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing... Rebuilt Transmission at 137k~AE w/Ford Pack~

Comment

Originally posted by ToMang07 View Post
        The best part of that suit:

They have a fix (therefore aware of the problem).

But they haven't put out the recall yet.

All it is is a re-flash.
        You are wrong. It's more than just a reflash. It looks like they all get a cac and some get a left cat, and only some of them get a reflash.
        Ford Senior Master Diesel Tech

Don't Laugh It's Paid For

Comment

Originally posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
          You are wrong. It's more than just a reflash. It looks like they all get a cac and some get a left cat, and only some of them get a reflash.
          They all get a CAC? Weak intercoolers?

Comment

The root problem is that they accumulate moisture in them in damp conditions. How it causes it to have a lack of power I'm not sure enough on to post it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what is written on the nhtsa's site:

SUMMARY:

The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) has received 95 reports alleging incidents of reduced engine power during hard accelerations in model year (MY) 2011 through 2013 Ford F150 trucks equipped with 3.5L gasoline turbocharged direct injection (GTDI) engines. Ford has issued three technical service bulletins related to intermittent stumble/misfire on acceleration from highway cruise in humid or damp conditions in some MY 2011 and 2012 F150 vehicles equipped with 3.5L GTDI engines. The most recent bulletin, TSB 13-3-3, includes procedures for (1) diagnosing a condition related to moisture accumulation in the Charge Air Cooler (CAC) during extended highway cruising at constant throttle in humid or damp conditions; and (2) repairing the condition by reprogramming the powertrain control module with the latest calibration and installing a new CAC and air deflector plate. Approximately one-third of the reports received by ODI indicate that the incidents occurred while driving in humid or rainy conditions. Many complaints allege safety concerns associated with overtaking vehicles. No related crashes have been reported to ODI to date. A Preliminary Evaluation has been opened to gather information to assess whether the subject vehicles contain a safety related defect.
            http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...LBDT3Q4AW35JQB
            Ford Senior Master Diesel Tech

Don't Laugh It's Paid For

Comment

Been wanting an ecoboost. Guess I'll wait till they get that shit straightened out.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

I'd love one. But yeah.... issues need to be fixed first, lol

I'd still rather have my diesel tho!
                ~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, Hydra, 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, T500, FRx, COMP 910s, Fisher 8' MM2, 5" AL 1-piece Drive Shaft, Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203* TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, Leveled, Airlift Bags, 16x10" on 35s, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing... Rebuilt Transmission at 137k~AE w/Ford Pack~

Comment

Working...
                X