2006 Ford F350 AC Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Ford F350 AC Issues

First and foremost, forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.
    Second I am posting this across multiple forums to get the most potential exposure for help.

Ok so first brief overview before my issue is addressed. In early September I had my AC rebuilt and the compressor, evaporator, orifice tube and hoses replaced. The AC worked great up until around thanksgiving no col air would come out only the outside ambient air. Also when it gets cold no hot air blows, only the outside ambient temperature. I have the digital AC control system.

The AC blower works because it blows the ambient outside air, I believe the clutch works because the cold line at the condenser gets cold and has water dripping from the condensation. I checked the blend door actuator and it is not working, I manually adjusted the door, I did so by removing the actuator and opening it up. I removed the gear that attaches the motor to the arm then reinstalled it without the cover. Once in position I turned the arm back and forth while adjusting the temperature on the AC controls and there was no change. So I put the gear back in place leaving the blend door fully open. Once I figure out the cold air concern I will replace the blend door actuator. I checked the vacuum lines and I don’t believe that is part of the problem.

I am lost after this part, I tried searching the forums and googled different types of questions and watched many videos trying out the many steps I saw and read. None directly related to my situation but I attempted them anyway to no avail.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am including the picture of the actuator and where it is located behind the glove box. Also the gear I removed to manipulate the blend door.

Last edited by CJ Morin; 12-25-2015, 11:14 PM.
Working...
X